Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Predators

 It is inevitable that you will have a loss in your flock at some point, just the other day I lost a Rhode Island Red hen to the cold. I'm not sure if she was too weak and got sick from the cold or not. I'm doing my best to avoid any more chickens from freezing now. You have good years where you don't lose any chickens. Last year I didn't lose any chicken, but then there are years like I've had this year where you lose a few. I've had 4 chickens die from various things this year, but with each loss you also learn how to be better prepared to help the chicken next time.

Now lets get off this sad topic, its nearly Thanksgiving, a time to celebrate the brave pilgrims, who sailed across the Atlantic aboard the Mayflower, so they could serve God, and it is also a time to give thanks for our many blessings.

                                                              Keep visiting and Happy Thanksgiving

Chickenman

No comments:

Post a Comment