Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sour Crop

Now I'll talk about Sour Crop. Sour Crop starts out similar to impacted crop. However, when a chicken has sour crop the food can still digest some. The problem? The rotted food, when digested, begins to act like a poison. To treat it naturally feed it garlic or apple cider vinegar. For more desperate measures, pour salt water down its throat count to five seconds, and turn it upside down for eight seconds(no long than eight seconds or it will aspirate) then let it catch it's breath, keep doing this and it should throw up the contents of the crop. If it does then put it on a soft food diet for a few days to give it time to recover. I haven't dealt with this personally so feel free to do your own research. I try to raise my chickens as organically as possible, so I don't use antibiotics. If you feel like you need to use it to treat your chickens, then do it. I'm just giving you a run down on ways to help more naturally. Keep visiting.

Chickenman

No comments:

Post a Comment